Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Sonic Colors!


I
T'S TIME FOR A NEW GAME!!!






Cool!

Well, what else can I say? It looks pretty. It sounds pretty. It's got Sonic and Tails hopefully in some swappable co-op deal. Details are details, and you can check them out through this dandy old-timey advertisement:



Color me cautiously interested. I'm still expecting Sonic 4 Episode I to underperform until further evidence to the contrary is provided. It's delay might be a blessing in disguise, and I hope to be pleasantly distracted by this new game for the holiday. It really better not suck. The color-coded powers idea sounds like a winner, but I'm particularly wary about the return of the freaking boost gauge. Seriously, no one cares about going that fast. I haven't played Sonic Rush or Rush Adventure at all since I beat them. Sonic sucks when all he has to his name are going really really fast and having bad or overrated mediocre games. Let's hope Sonic Colors can give him the kind of redefined experience he needs to be critically competent again.

2 comments:

  1. Dammit Rave, you beat me to this!

    Indeed, I'm really interested in seeing where this goes. Unfortunately I'm forced to contain a lot of my excitement, what with the fans ruining fun and excitement for me (all the Sonic 4 bullshit left a bad taste in my mouth I can't get rid of yet).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I hear you. If it's any consolation, the aliens look cute and I really love the uplifting music. Also the game looks like SEGA's answer to Mario Galaxy. Overall, this trailer's way better than the Sonic 4 trailer.

    Also for some reason those little alien things remind me of Lilo & Stitch.

    ReplyDelete