Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Sonic Colors @ E3

So E3's in full swing and I'm feeling a little lightheaded from all the excitement of Nintendo's conference, but this is a Sonic blog, so I won't get into that. SEGA has just released another teaser for Sonic Colors, which shows more of what I assume is the opening animation. They have also released some new assets to their Flickr accounts, includng promotional artwork and screenshots for the both the DS and Wii versions. Check it all out after the jump!

If you haven't guessed by now, we just love using this shot every chance we get.








Hopefully some new gameplay videos will show up during this week, but this trailer seems to give a hint of some of Sonic's new Wisp powers. We also get a preview of the new theme, "Reach for the Stars" featuring singer Jean Paul Makhlouf of Cash Cash... an act I've never heard of. Eh, I'll roll with it I guess; I can't say I'm digging the auto-tuned, synth sound to it. It's no "Endless Possibilities" from Sonic Unleashed, but hey, maybe it'll grow on me. Maybe. And "Endless Possibilities" is probably one of my favorite 3D Sonic themes.

Interestingly, the European trailer features an instrumental version of the theme, check it out here.

And finally, some clean screenshots and Wisp artwork.

The Red Wisp is the DS exclusive fire power-up. To quote Rave, "Fireball Sonic confirmed!"

You can see everything at full resolution over on SEGA's Flickr account.

More E3 stuff on the way, I'm looking forward to gameplay footage, which will no doubt make its way to the tubes in the next couple of days. I'm also looking forward to some new Sonic 4 news. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go drool over the Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword trailer some more while I wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment